Brusho Watercolor Powders, Florals, Handwritten Sentiments, Jumbo Dahlia, Stampendous, Tim Holtz, Water Colored Cards

Color Explosion with Brusho Watercolor Powder

2015-10-12 15.59.00
How fabulous is this?!  When I first got my Brusho paint powders, I wanted to use as many colors as I could, so on a 9×12 piece of Strathmore watercolor paper, I heat-embossed this gorgeous Dahlia made by Stampendous (no longer available on their website) with clear embossing powder.  I “painted” a wash of water over the images then just sprinkled on the Brusho powders and watched them spread and bloom!  The embossed edges contained some of the color, making the pattern really stand out!  This whole piece reminds me of silk fabric and think it’d make a beautiful scarf, don’t you?  When it was dry, I cut the page down into sections to use on cards.
2015-10-13 12.24.04
Because the color and pattern is so vivid, I kept these cards quite simple in construction.  I stamped the sentiment (name/company unknown) onto a scrap of paper, sponged deep yellow around the edges and adhered it to the panel, and attached it all to a white card base.
2015-10-13 12.24.38
I love that you can see so many details in this stamp!  Stampendous has many current stamps that would look fantastic with this technique!  For this card,  I stamped out Tim Holtz’ Handwritten Sentiments onto a strip of watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black permanent ink and adhered it to the card front.  A couple of pretty jewels accent the sentiment.
2015-10-13 12.24.56
For this final card, I cut out one of the blooms into a square, and attached it to an embossed card base of white.  I bought the sentiment stamp at AC Moore; it’s stamped in Versafine Onyx Black permanent ink onto a little square of scrap paper, and mounted over the colorful print.
Alcohol Ink, Altenew, Florals, Gina Marie Designs, Handwritten Sentiments, Label Love, Ranger Alcohol Ink, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Thank You, Tim Holtz, Wild Hibiscus

Drunken Flowers!

2018-03-09 15.45.40
I’m sharing more alcohol ink prints which I made into cards!  I seem to have a knack for creating colorful, splashy florals!  To achieve the petal formations, I used my new Masters air compressor!  What a difference it makes in moving the ink!  On the back of a 4×6 inch piece of Kirkland photo paper I place a drop of ink down, then add a drop of 91% alcohol and hit it with a shot of air.  I keep doing this repeatedly, using different colors and directing the air as I go and turning the paper.  Layers and layers go into this process with beautiful results.  For this card I cut the panel down with Gina Marie Designs Rectangle dies, then adhered it to a panel of white.  I cut a strip of black and white patterned paper and placed it behind the panel, then mounted it onto a black card base.  Finally, I stamped out the sentiment on a scrap of paper, glued on the little jewels and attached it to the top of the card.  I kinda love it!  🙂  
2018-03-09 10.42.24
This print looks almost 3D, doesn’t it?!  I trimmed it down to a square and attached it to a white card base upon which I’d stamped out one of the images from Altenew’s Wild Hibiscus set.  The sentiment is from Altenew’s Label Love set, heat-embossed with black and mounted on a strip of double-stick foam tape.  
2018-03-09 10.45.40
This is the other half of the print above, mounted on a piece of aqua card stock and then to a piece of chevron patterned paper.  The base card is shimmery aqua card stock which I purchased at A.C. Moore.  I stamped out the sentiment from Wplus9’s Beautiful Bouquet Ranunculus stamp set using Versafine Onyx Black permanent ink and attached it to the card.  
2018-03-09 10.43.38
I’m really enjoying looking at these as I write this post!  The card above was quick and easy to make!  I trimmed down the 4×6 print to fit my card, mounted it to a layer of white card stock, then added a strip of black and white patterned paper along the side.  I then attached it to my white card base.  The sentiment is from Tim Holtz Handwritten Sentiments and I heat-embossed it in white directly onto the inked panel.  It’s important to be very careful not to melt or distort the print with the heat!  
2018-03-09 10.40.25
This final card was a quick one!  I cut the print into three graduated sizes, adhered the sections to a layer of white card stock, then mounted it onto another layer of white, and finally, onto the purple base card.  I had stamped a floral image using Versamark onto the base but very little of it shows.  An old Stampin Up sentiment completes my card!