Skip to content
I’m sharing more alcohol ink prints which I made into cards! I seem to have a knack for creating colorful, splashy florals! To achieve the petal formations, I used my new Masters air compressor! What a difference it makes in moving the ink! On the back of a 4×6 inch piece of Kirkland photo paper I place a drop of ink down, then add a drop of 91% alcohol and hit it with a shot of air. I keep doing this repeatedly, using different colors and directing the air as I go and turning the paper. Layers and layers go into this process with beautiful results. For this card I cut the panel down with Gina Marie Designs Rectangle dies, then adhered it to a panel of white. I cut a strip of black and white patterned paper and placed it behind the panel, then mounted it onto a black card base. Finally, I stamped out the sentiment on a scrap of paper, glued on the little jewels and attached it to the top of the card. I kinda love it! 🙂
This print looks almost 3D, doesn’t it?! I trimmed it down to a square and attached it to a white card base upon which I’d stamped out one of the images from Altenew’s Wild Hibiscus set. The sentiment is from Altenew’s Label Love set, heat-embossed with black and mounted on a strip of double-stick foam tape.
This is the other half of the print above, mounted on a piece of aqua card stock and then to a piece of chevron patterned paper. The base card is shimmery aqua card stock which I purchased at A.C. Moore. I stamped out the sentiment from Wplus9’s Beautiful Bouquet Ranunculus stamp set using Versafine Onyx Black permanent ink and attached it to the card.
I’m really enjoying looking at these as I write this post! The card above was quick and easy to make! I trimmed down the 4×6 print to fit my card, mounted it to a layer of white card stock, then added a strip of black and white patterned paper along the side. I then attached it to my white card base. The sentiment is from Tim Holtz Handwritten Sentiments and I heat-embossed it in white directly onto the inked panel. It’s important to be very careful not to melt or distort the print with the heat!
This final card was a quick one! I cut the print into three graduated sizes, adhered the sections to a layer of white card stock, then mounted it onto another layer of white, and finally, onto the purple base card. I had stamped a floral image using Versamark onto the base but very little of it shows. An old Stampin Up sentiment completes my card!